1 cube sugar
1 ½ oz New Basin Distilling Strong American Light whiskey
¼ oz Oregon Spirit Distillery Wildcard Absinthe
3 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
The Craft by John Stafford
• Pack a lowball glass with ice.
• In a shaker glass, add Peychaud’s bitters over sugar cube and muddle ingredients.
• Add Strong American Whiskey to the shaker glass and stir the resulting mixture.
• Remove ice from the lowball glass and give it an absinthe wash. Achieve this by swirling absinthe in the glass and pouring out any excess absinthe OR by a using small spray bottle to line the glass with a coat of absinthe.
• Empty mixture from shaker glass into lowball glass, garnish with orange peel, and enjoy!